You can learn a lot about a couple from the first five minutes of a therapy session. People can sense this, which dials up their anxiety, ramping up the very behaviors a therapist is monitoring. So I have a lot of empathy for people who are willing to come and think about a challenge with a third party. I try to be neutral about what they do to get steady. But it’s useful to see what’s happening below the surface of the content being discussed. So here are four behaviors I may spot when I meet with a couple for the first time. ... Keep reading with a 7-day free trialSubscribe to The Anxious Overachiever to keep reading this post and get 7 days of free access to the full post archives. A subscription gets you:
|
utorak, 29. rujna 2026.
What I Notice in the First Five Minutes of Couples Therapy
Pretplati se na:
Objavi komentare (Atom)
Navigate treatment options with confidence
Treatment options, care-team questions, and second opinions: the guides our readers turn to most. ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ...
-
Plus: Kicking off Pride Month with the new Goodnewspaper and more good news to celebrate! ...
-
Plus: A landmark ruling for new fossil fuel projects and more good news to celebrate! ...
-
Plus, a roundup of links and fun finds from the week. ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ...

Nema komentara:
Objavi komentar