 |
|
|
| The tool that finally got me to floss my teeth every day |
| A few years back, I got my teeth cleaned by a dental hygienist who was super passionate about water flossers. She explained how they’re more effective than traditional floss and why I (and everyone else) should use them. She was so convincing that I bought one that same day. |
| I’ve been using a water flosser every night before bed ever since, and I can confidently say she was right: Water flossers are better. |
| Water flossers, also known as oral irrigators, use a pressurized stream of water to help remove food particles, bacteria, and plaque between your teeth and gums. All you need to do is fill the reservoir with water, turn it on (once it’s in your mouth so it doesn’t spray everywhere), pick an intensity level, then trace along the top and bottom rows of your teeth and gums. |
| Dental floss may be affordable, but it can cause gums to bleed and be hard to get between tightly spaced teeth and under the gums. While water flossers are more expensive, they last longer and easily target those tough-to-reach places, especially if you have braces, crowns, or dental implants like me. I’ve found that using one helps keep my mouth fresher for longer (including better morning breath!), is gentler on my gumline, and saves a ton of time and energy. It literally takes me 1 minute every night. |
| At the end of the day, no matter how you do it, flossing daily (when done properly) can help reduce the risk of cavities and gingivitis. While I’m on Team Water Flosser, the key is to build a dental hygiene routine that meets your needs. Consider chatting with a dentist to figure out which option is best for you. Or, if you’re already convinced and want to try water flossing, check out the product I use below. |
|
|
|
|
| Bitvae C5 Water Dental Flosser |
| This specific flosser is cordless and features three modes, five intensity settings, and a large water reservoir so you don’t have to keep refilling it. 10/10 highly recommend! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| More stuff you might like |
|
|
Happy flossing,
Morgan Mandriota Newsletter Editor, Healthline |
 |
|
Written by Morgan Mandriota
September 5, 2026 |
|
Every product we recommend has gone through either Healthline's or Optum Now’s vetting processes. If you buy through links on this page, we may receive a small commission or other tangible benefit. Healthline has sole editorial control over this newsletter. Potential uses for the products listed here are not health claims made by the manufacturers. Healthline and Optum Now are owned by RVO Health. |
 |
|
| Until next time, |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
Nema komentara:
Objavi komentar