Hi ADHDers! Hi ADHDers! How’s everyone doing? This year marks my 5th year of being a panellist on The Neurodiversity Panel at MCM Comic Con. YAY ME! I feel like everyone should go to a con once in their lifetime! It is such a fun and carefree experience! Over the years, I have cosplayed many characters, from the Scarlett Witch to the Squid Game guard! This year, I went with a throwback superhero, the iconic pink Power Ranger! “Go Go Power Rangerrrr!” Anyways, as I was speaking to a bunch of Neurodivergent folk after the panel, it dawned on me: what if superheroes were Neurodivergent? We’re all dressed in cosplay, have different Neurotypes; why don’t we see this on TV, in movies and in comic books? I would love to see more Neurodivergent characters on TV. Kids and adults to see themselves reflected as members of society, which TV helps with. We don’t want to feel hidden, ashamed, or embarrassed. Shall we begin? What if Superheroes were Neurodivergent?I feel like the entertainment industry is missing out on an opportunity to create Neurodivergent superheroes. When you think of superheroes in comics, TV, and movies, they are multidimensional, diverse characters with a lot of layers to them. Some of them grew up feeling overlooked, dealing with trauma, and spending years trying to find themselves. They navigate life, figuring out how to work to their strengths and begin again when faced with setbacks and challenges. Am I the only one who finds some of this relatable to adulting with ADHD?
So we all know that ADHD manifests differently in everyone? Our shared experiences, challenges, and ADHD dilemmas enable us all to find a community and learn a thing or two from one another. This is what I hoped to capture in my ebook guide on adulting with ADHD. Not just focusing on productivity, but our relationships, emotions, mental health, self hygiene, trying to be financially responsible, and navigating ADHD in the workplace. I’m here to tell you that we’re not failures, defunct, lazy or worthless. A Beginner’s Guide to Adulting with ADHD ($12.99): Downloadable PDF link | Amazon If you relate to this Adulting with ADHD post, feel free to share it with others
|
subota, 15. kolovoza 2026.
We are missing Neurodivergent Superheroes
Pretplati se na:
Objavi komentare (Atom)
We are missing Neurodivergent Superheroes
We need more Neurodivergent characters on TV ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ...
-
Plus: Kicking off Pride Month with the new Goodnewspaper and more good news to celebrate! ...
-
Plus: A landmark ruling for new fossil fuel projects and more good news to celebrate! ...
-
Plus, a roundup of links and fun finds from the week. ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ...


Nema komentara:
Objavi komentar