I love a personal syllabusPlus: heterofatalism is officially meaningless, dating on the apps in midlife, to crave or to have, and more in the roundup.
I’ve been working on this (she whispers) fiction project. One of my favorite parts of this work is developing the book’s syllabus. These aren’t the comparative titles that you have to come up with when trying to sell a book in order to give a publisher a sense of where your project sits in the marketplace. Instead, these are guiding lights for writing it. Guiding vibes. Here are two stacks of my syllabus: The vibe of this project is: nature, women’s desire, coming of age, self-objectification, “dirty girls” in all meanings of the phrase, middle age, eroticism, obsession, Romanticism, transcendence, and… enlightenment? Some vibes not pictured above: nostalgia about 90s summer camp. It is cold rivers and tiny frogs held in the hand. Also: blow jobs. (Sorry! I am who I am.) Anyway, on that note (frogs and blow jobs), to the links. Have you gotten a copy of my memoir, My Mother’s Daughter: Finding Myself in My Family’s Fractured Past? It’s currently sitting at No. 12 on Amazon Editors’ list of the best memoirs of 2026. If you’ve already read it and loved it, I would be grateful for you to tell your friends and leave a review on Amazon and Goodreads. Getting on the apps in midlifeDire Straights, the podcast I co-host with Amanda Montei, is back for season two. We kicked it off with an episode about getting on the dating apps as a woman in midlife. I talked with Amanda about her recent experiences post-divorce with this world of “apolitical” dudes and dick pics. Our second episode drops next week and we’ll be talking about all the various strategies women are using to navigate this mess. To crave and to have...Subscribe to TCF Emails to unlock the rest.Become a paying subscriber of TCF Emails to get access to this post and other subscriber-only content. A subscription gets you:
|
četvrtak, 20. kolovoza 2026.
I love a personal syllabus
Pretplati se na:
Objavi komentare (Atom)
15 Natural Ways to Reduce or Prevent Migraine Symptoms
Plus: Apple Cider Vinegar Dosage: How Much Should You Drink per Day? ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ...
-
Plus: Kicking off Pride Month with the new Goodnewspaper and more good news to celebrate! ...
-
Plus: A landmark ruling for new fossil fuel projects and more good news to celebrate! ...
-
Plus, a roundup of links and fun finds from the week. ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ...




Nema komentara:
Objavi komentar