Hi ADHDers! Hi ADHDers! Do you ever feel like there are some ADHD topics that you are too embarrassed to talk about? Or some topics that have you thinking that you are the only person experiencing it because no one else is talking about it? I feel like that ALL THE TIME. That’s why I left no stone unturned in my ebook guide for adults with ADHD. There are things I have written in there that my Neurotypical friends were shocked to find out all the things we struggle with as ADHDers. Shall we begin? 1. Money Management 💰Having ADHD has cost me thousands of pounds. Book extract: “The reality is, ADHD symptoms such as making careless mistakes, being unorganised, impulsive, forgetful, and impatient are all contributing factors to poor financial management…” I had to learn this the hard way. In my ebook guide, I included a long list of how I reduced my ADHD Tax Bill, the little things you can do to reduce the impact ADHD has on your finances. Some obvious reminders like cancelling your free trial subscriptions on time 2. Hard friendships 🫂Can I be honest with you? My previous displays of poor communication, flakiness, and lack of effort hindered my ability to build and maintain friendships. I only realised this when I learned more about ADHD symptoms and pieced together the behaviours that affected my friendships. “Don’t get me wrong, the onus shouldn’t be on Neurodivergent people to change ourselves all in the name of friendship, and we shouldn’t be painted as a ‘bad friend’…” - A Beginner’s Guide To Adulting with ADHD Friendships should always make room for grace. I included a table on how people can be better friends to friends with ADHD. 3. ADHD and Hormones 😓Managing ADHD alongside our hormones (PMS, PMDD, PCOS, Perimenopause, Menopause) can make managing our day-to-day lives more challenging. Doing anything feels like we are trying to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, I kid you not. In the ebook, I mapped out the PMS and PMDD symptoms that bear similarities to ADHD symptoms to demonstrate how it exacerbates the areas we already struggle with. 4. Working with your ADHD Brain 🧠Working with your ADHD brain means approaching tasks and activities in a way that eliminates the mental block hindering you from moving forward. I feel like there is so much constant pressure to do things the “right way” aka the way in which Neurotypicals do things, that causes us to work against what feels natural to our brain. 5. Navigating people who trigger Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria 😔The emotional toil of guilt, RSD, and feeling like a failure can be a heavy weight for people to carry. In writing the chapter, I hope to lighten people’s load. In experiencing rejection and criticism, I have realised that I cannot always control how people treat me. However, I can try to take charge of how I respond and react when my RSD is triggered. Whether your RSD is triggered by perceived or actual criticism or rejection, the emotions you are feeling are valid. Extract from the ebook on what to do in certain scenarios that trigger RSD. 📕 This book was made for you➡️ I wrote this ebook because I was once in a position where I felt helpless. I didn’t understand my ADHD brain, and I was stuck in a spiral of guilt, shame, and self condemnation. ➡️ It’s been 6 years since my formal ADHD diagnosis, and I felt the need to pay it forward with this guide. 👉My newsletter will continue to be free with no paywalls. It is very uncomfortable for me to self-promote or ask for anything, so here it goes. I would like your support in purchasing this ebook guide I have put together on adulting with ADHD. 👉 The ebook includes relatable dilemmas, coping strategies, interactive games and practical steps you can take to feel empowered as an adult with ADHD. 📣 A Beginner’s Guide To Adulting with ADHD is available now:
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, Rach with ADHD You If you relate to this Adulting with ADHD post, feel free to share it with others
|
utorak, 21. srpnja 2026.
5 ADHD Topics We Don't Talk Enough About
Pretplati se na:
Objavi komentare (Atom)
5 ADHD Topics We Don't Talk Enough About
Read my NEW ebook Guide for the full list of topics ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ...
-
Plus: Kicking off Pride Month with the new Goodnewspaper and more good news to celebrate! ...
-
Plus: A landmark ruling for new fossil fuel projects and more good news to celebrate! ...
-
Plus, a roundup of links and fun finds from the week. ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ...



Nema komentara:
Objavi komentar