Gayle Kabaker is a painter, writer, teacher and visual storyteller Last Spots + New Spring Workshop + My show in LelandSpring workshop for all levels, one last summer spot, Morocco, and new work on its way to Leland
I’ve spent the last few days getting my show ready to get on a truck May 1 to Leland MI. I’m so grateful to have had amazing help with photographing, packing, titling, framing, making Google docs with the sizes - honestly, it’s a massive amount of work. I could not have done it alone. I have about 60 nudes on wood panels that will be in groups along the walls of the building, then about 37 framed paintings that will hang on white free standing walls that can be configured in various ways. I’ve planned what goes where, but you never really know how that will look until you set it all up. Inevitably things will change. I am so proud of all of this work. If you want to read more about the exhibition and see the two - one hour workshops I will be doing during my times there - click HERE The day long workshop on August 16 is selling fast but there are a few spots left!The themes for the show are Water|Travel, Nudes, Lelend, and Striped Bed and Women ( need a better name for this one) The painting above is called Aluna in Vieques. I was in Puerto Rico recently staying with friends, and mutual friends, their kids and grandkids came by for a few hours and I got them to swim for me. I thought the show was finished - but I had to add this one!
Thankful my husband Peter has a massive studio. These days he’s mostly working downstairs in his wood shop so he’s letting me spread out. We are very protective of our private studio spaces! Some couples share offices/studios - I cannot IMAGINE. We have collaborated a lot lately, which is a bit unusual for us. He built all the gorgeous wood backings for the nudes, and I’ve painted six new portraits for Vital Voices and he’s building the frames for them. I can’t show you them until after the Global Leadership Awards in NYC April 23, but let me just say - portraits can be hard! Jennifer Orkin Lewis and I try to do our Zoom workshops every few months and our next one on MAY 3 will be really fun! Zoom workshop - Wild Spring Flowers: Expressive Faces & FloralsA joyful exploration of faces, florals, and pattern inspired by the charm, color, and beautiful chaos of a springtime flowers It’s finally Spring—and we’re stepping into a world of blooming color! In this workshop, we’ll take inspiration from the lively atmosphere of a spring flower shop—overflowing buckets of blooms, unexpected color combinations—and combine this with faces and other elements of Spring. Donation based, all are welcome, including those of you who have never painted before. And your kids! Western Massachusetts workshopI have one spot left for my June 27 & 28 workshop at my place in Western Massachusetts. This will be my third summer teaching here and we have such fun! This isn’t about making beautiful paintings or getting it ‘right’. It’s about showing up to explore and be curious. It’s an opportunity to let go of ANY need for perfection and simply play and have fun. You will meet wonderful like minded people of all abilities and ages. You’ll eat delicious food and be surrounded by nature. Check it out HERE And - extra bonus - if you are a dog person? Charlie is here for you. MOROCCO!AND - there are still a few spots left for our Morocco workshop FEB 6-12 Jennifer Orkin Lewis and I are thrilled we finally are able to teach in a warm climate during the winter! Here’s answers to some common questions about our trips in general, but also specific to Morocco. -Nervous to travel alone? We get it. We’re happy to connect you with others in the group to see about traveling together. We stay in a wonderful Riad in Marrakech that is easy to get to and we’ve stayed there four times! We are happy to share the information on this place with you. We always go a few days early to get over jet lag. -Lugging a ton of art supplies? Not us! We are die hard carry on only gals. One quart baggie of paints. A pouch with our markers, water color pencils etc. A few sketchbooks. Jennifer wrote about it HERE on our Patreon. You will be pampered in the spa at Atlas Kasbah, served delicious food, inspired every time you walk out the door of your room, and will probably make life long new friends. Partners are welcome—everyone attending participates. I’ll never forget a conversation overheard in our first time teaching in Morocco. One painter held up a tube of paint that no one else at her table had. I wish I could remember what color it was. Lets say it was Opera Pink. Everyone around her oohed and awed “oooh Opera Pink!” Point being, you will be surrounded by others who get really excited by the color of a tube of paint. Thanks for reading! As always - I love hearing from you. xox Gayle You're currently a free subscriber to Paint What You Love. For the full experience, upgrade your subscription.
|
utorak, 14. travnja 2026.
Last Spots + New Spring Workshop + My show in Leland
Pretplati se na:
Objavi komentare (Atom)
How to Be More Alive: Hermann Hesse on Wonder and the Proper Aim of Education
NOTE: This newsletter might be cut short by your e...
-
Plus: Kicking off Pride Month with the new Goodnewspaper and more good news to celebrate! ...
-
Plus: A landmark ruling for new fossil fuel projects and more good news to celebrate! ...
-
Plus, a roundup of links and fun finds from the week. ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ...






Nema komentara:
Objavi komentar